Ways to Give
Creating Your Fund
Creating a named fund at the Fond du Lac Area Foundation is an easy way to invest in the community and causes you care most about. By establishing a fund today, you can support your favorite charities during your lifetime and beyond. Many of our donors add to their funds each year, recommend grants on a regular basis, and name the fund in their wills.
Opening a fund is quick and easy – in most cases, the fund is operational in less than 24 hours. Our team is here to help you meet your charitable goals.
Simple steps to creating a fund:
- Identify your charitable purpose(s) or intent(s). This can range from highly specific – for example, an alma mater, church, or nonprofit organization – to general in scope.
- Select the type of fund that best fulfills that purpose or intent.
- Complete a fund agreement. Depending on the type of fund being established, you should designate current fund advisors (such as yourself) and successor advisors (children or
grandchildren, for example).
- Name the fund. Funds can be named after the donor, their family, a cause, or something else entirely. Donors can also choose to remain anonymous.
- Activate the fund by making an establishing gift.